Are Divas ‘out’? Is ‘Down-to-Earth ‘in’? Mighty Tiger Woods lost the Master’s to ‘everyday guy’ Phil Mickelson. Jon Stewart swoons over Obama’s economic advisor and possible Supreme Court nominee, the refreshingly down-to-earth Elizabeth Warren.
Meanwhile, the top two online videos last week showed the overexposed Tiger Woods faltering in his Master’s comeback and down-to-earth Tina Fey acing her own return, skewering over-the-top Sarah Palin on SNL.
BTW, Fey and hilarious ‘Everyman’ Steve Carell topped the box office last week playing an actually believable (if zany) everyday couple in DATE NIGHT. Has recession-era America had it with glitzy glamorous demanding Divas?
Blog BFF and screenwriter Caitlin McCarthy spots a trend, writing:
Are divas getting downsized in this new era? Take a look at who (and what) has taken a hit recently and you decide:
- Diva politicians like John Edwards
- Diva religious figures like the Pope
- Diva companies like the ones who helped create the Great Depression Part Deux
- Diva countries like the USA (sorry, in the past, we’ve had that “Do you know who I am?” attitude with the world)
- Diva terrorists like Osama Bin Laden
- Diva athletes like Tiger Woods
- Diva entertainers like Kanye West and Jennifer Lopez …. I think trendspotter Caitlin is onto something here… (photos: atypicalamerican.com, nbc.com, nydailynews)