- Miley Cyrus is Just an Adorable Brat by Sheila Johnson
- Last week, the Culture and Media Institute came down on Miley Cyrus after TMZ released pictures of her licking a penis cake at her boyfriend’s birthday party. The Christian-based institute got their panties in the proverbial bunch, labeling the photos and her actions as “disgusting and ill-fitting for a role model of young girls everywhere.”
CMI’s response plays directly into the hands of Cyrus’ marketing ploy. The blowing of a penis cake is another obvious attempt by the former Hannah Montana of bad-assing her image. Like all her previous stunts, this one is not only contrived, but a complete dud in terms of shock factor. Remember the time she was caught on the street wearing no bra? Even worse was the time she bragged about being a “stoner” while blowing out the candles of her own birthday cake, which depicted an image of Bob Marley. There couldn’t be anything less extraordinary or scandalous than a teen girl smoking weed and listening to generic reggae. Sadly, I get that feeling that Cyrus is trying to enter Paris Hilton/Lindsey Lohan territory, but that would entail blowing an actual penis on video and/or doing something that is actually illegal. The only reputation Cyrus is acquiring is that of a desperate do-gooder.
- Her sexy pictures and naughty videos are nothing more than PG-13 attempts to titillate. Does anyone, other than holy rollers and overly attentive parents give a shit what Miley does? I was a little taken aback by the semi-naked photos she took with her father, but my disgust was
- directed towards him for being an irresponsible and exploitative parent.
- So, why can’t Miley engage our disgust?
- Because she was and always will be the adorable Hannah Montanta. Miley’s fan base will always be Hannah’s fan base. As she tries out new things, her fans are making similar mistakes. After all, they are the same age. While she is licking penis cake, her peers are giving their first blow jobs in basements countrywide. Most teen experimentation does not mark you for life. Once Miley is done trying on adulthood, she’ll be a good girl again. We will forget or forgive her silly stunts. She just doesn’t have what it takes to be a bad girl. Look at how over the top Brittney had to go. I can easily see Dakota Fanning shooting heroine or ever her mother for that matter. Kristen Stewart humping a 50-year old man wouldn’t surprise me much, but then again they have never been labeled cute, adorable, or a role-model. Once labeled adorable, there is no chance of escaping. Taylor Swift and Emma Watson will never become bad girls. They’d have to do something horrible to change our perceptions. Blowing on a birthday cake with no bra and a joint hanging out of their mouth still wouldn’t get the job done.
- So, Miley go huff some paint, punch a cop, or at least get fat. Then we might start taking your seriously. Until then, go home and put on a bra.